Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Gray Day? Not Really ...


This morning I faced a different direction when outside on the patio and, once again, I was reminded of perspective. I never realized how many hummingbirds sit it the surrounding trees. It's cloudy today, threatening rain, but without those gray skies, I wouldn't have seen the hummers. They are so small and easily get lost among the leaves.

Bright sunny days are beautiful and happy days, but sometimes you need the gray to see close-up things without squinting ... see without the shadows thrown by sunlight which may hide things ... see with wide-eyes what things really are.

I've also watched those hummers drift slowly from branch to branch, reminding me of gentle, floating feathers ... calm, quiet, peaceful .... This is a day of silent surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment