Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gifts Outside My Window

That little girl was maybe six to eight years old. During the week of Christmas, I saw her as she hurried along the sidewalk, carrying a white teddy bear almost a big as she! Being that time of year, I’m pretty sure the white bear with the red ribbon tied around its neck was a special present to her. The happiness on her face almost outshone the sun!

Now, even with new leaves appearing on the trees, that memory is still vivid in my mind. I can still visualize that little girl outside my window and my heart can still share in her delight. The week of Christmas, though, seems so long ago with its gifts and presents, family and friends, festivities and other joys of the Season.

Thankfully, one gift is not saved for any special date on the calendar. One father does not wait for a certain time of year to visit. One celebration can be marked each and every day for the rest of our lives.

Our Father in heaven does not wait only for Christmas, and extends His awesome gift to anyone, any time of the year. With the acceptance of that gift, we have reason for jubilant celebration from that day forward into eternity!

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith ... and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God ... Ephesians 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment