Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Today, I saw a lady walking along our sidewalk with a cane. I watched her slow, careful steps, and the determined concentration was visible on her face.

Could I ever relate to that! I have a disability and I used to walk with a cane, also. Sometimes it was painful for me to walk, other times emotionally frustrating. I got so impatient with my slow, careful steps! And I STILL get impatient when I have to think about my every move!

Especially during these times, I have to be careful not to allow my focus to shift back onto things I could physically do when I was healthy. I loved to play racquetball and go hiking. I rode bicycle, and horses, and played with my niece in the park. I did power walking and aerobics for exercise.

These days, I can still exercise. I can work on stretches, but my aerobics are now spiritual rather than physical. My "step up's" are truly stepping UP - in a heavenly direction!

I can exercise with the assurance that someday I will be completely healed - whether I find that healing here on earth, or when I run to greet my Jesus in heaven.

"...the Lord Jesus Christ, who by the power that enables Him to bring everything under His control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like His glorious body." Philippians 3:20,21

No comments:

Post a Comment